More than 30 persecuted writers has been invited to Norwegian cities of refuge, the work of 14 of them has been included in the new anthology. Norwegian PEN hopes that Under the same sky will show what great literary resources the writers are.
The opening essay is written by Salman Rushdie, who initated the cities of refuge network in the early 90s. The anthology is edited by Soudabeh Alishahi and all work is presented in both Norwegain and English. It is published by Communicatio.
The ICORN writers that has contributed to Under the same sky are:
- Gilles Dossou-Gouin (Benin/Molde)
- Hossein Heidary (Kurdish Iraq/Bergen)
- Safaa Alwan (Iraq/Skien)
- Nadia Norwan (Afghanistan/Stavanger)
- Mansour Khousan (Iran/Stavanger)
- Philo Ikonya (Kenya/Oslo)
- Chenjerai Hove (Zimbabwe/Stavanger)
- Easterine Kire Iralu (Nagaland/Tromsø)
- Musa Mutaev (Chechnya/Trondheim)
- Soudabeh Alishahi (Iran/Oslo)
- Aziz Sangtarash (Iran/Oslo)
- Asieh Amini (Iran/Trondheim)